Tuesday, February 17, 2009

As I mentioned several posts ago, I am now in the 'feast' of the visitors here in Ixtlan. Starting it all off was Louis and Ruth Haerr and Dick and Jeanette Graham. They were here for a week and were a blast to have around. It is always fun to have people to eat breakfast with and they were always encouraging. They continued the work on the school and we have now made some significant progress with echo reduction and usability.


Here is a picture of us in front of the church. (Dick, Jeanette, me, Ruth, Louis)

They really showed me what true brotherly love is and how to trust in God no matter what the circumstances. Their lives show the faithfulness of our God. Thank you Haerrs and Grahams for sharing your example and love with the church here in Ixtlan.

Prayer:
1. Pray for energy during the time with a lot of visitors. I sometimes get worn out when every thing adds up. Pray too that I put the time into teaching that I need to and that I don't short-change my students.

2. Pray that the school continues forward and that we can find our places and fill the needs that there are. Pray that we would continue on in God's wisdom and not our own.

3. Pray for continued growth and understanding in the word and in my relationship with God. There seems to be so many lessons that are learned here. I am sometimes completely overwhelmed by it all, but it is good. Real good.

2 comments:

mark and angie said...

What a neat opportunity to build relationships and grow in your faith! Thanks for sharing! And, thanks for the prayer requests.

Enjoy your last day with Mom and Dad!!

Love,
Ang

Kari said...

Regg,

Both of those couples went to jamacia with Holly and I way back in college. Isn't Louis a riot? He has the best since of humor! Thanks for updating and hope you had a wonderful time with mom and dad!!
We love you tons
Kari