Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nothing short of a miracle

Prayer is an interesting thing. It can sometimes feel so weak, and we doubt its power being result oriented people that we are. I so often pray knowing that I should and knowing that we are told to prayer to communicate with our Father, but I often find it difficult to get past the easier said than done part of prayer. It's easier to talk about its power than to truly believe it, but sometimes God gives us little boosts anyway.

Estela called this morning to give an update on Victor. Victor returned to his house last night. They had done more studies in Guadalajara and couldn't find anything wrong. Victor told Estela already that he has no pain.

As Estela was telling this, I had to think back on all that I had witnessed in Victor last Thursday. He was bleeding from the ears and vomiting blood. An MRI done in La Barca, the first hospital he was at, showed a cranial fracture and fractured vertabraes. My tendancy is to try to write this off as doctor error or something similar, but I know that this is God's work and I can only praise and thank Him for that.

Victor is a miracle. I don't know all the details and maybe I never will, but maybe it should be that way. Thank you for praying and for your passion and compassion on Victor, a boy from Mexico that you don't even know.

I will ask this. Keep praying for Victor and his family. (Father-Jesus, Mother-Monica, Sister-Marisol, Brothers-Alex and Brian). Victor may be healed, but there is still a spiritual battle being waged. Pray that God gets all the glory and not some saint to which they might have prayed. Pray that the power of God would be manifested above all else and that the deafness and muteness of the Catholic saints would be clearly seen through this. Pray for the salvation of Victor's entire family and that they could be a testimony of God's transforming power to their community. The easy part is over, now begins the real battle for their souls.

PRAY!

And thank you all so much!!!

2 comments:

mark and angie said...

Praise God!

Zeltwangers said...

Wow! It's incredible to see God working!