Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We were home for Christmas...

First of all, formal apologies to all.  We have been home over a week now and haven't updated the blog.  I am sure that half the blog-stalkers who were stalking us have gone by now and won't check the blog again for a couple of months.  Anyway, we are now beginning again with this blogging thing and since my better half thinks I am the better half for blogging, you all get to read my thoughts on this thing (me being Regg for those still curious).

Update on the Christmas Card Count:
First a note on the number.  Apparently I didn't do a very good job getting the address out before I was married because the number of cards received has gone up exponentially.  We are currently at...wait I have to go count them....22!!!  Wow!!! It is great to hear from you all and we send our love right back at you.  We really appreciate the work that you go to figuring out how much extra postage to put on and where to send it and all.  The extra work makes it all extra special.

Now, you may have been wondering where we have been for the past few weeks.  Well if you want a quick answer, which is the one I suggest (and the one that you will get on this blog), we were all over Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Illinois. (That is not counting all the states - American and Mexico that we were all over during our flights to and from Mexico.  Oh, I gotta put a shout out to the Dallas Internation Airport in here too.  We spent a lovely seven hours there on our way back to Mexico.)  We had a great time with our families and it was great to see so many others.  Thankfully the weather was never too bad while we were up there and it seems that the weather down here in Ixtlan got just a little better while we were gone. 

We are excitedly looking forward to a lively visiting season this year.  We have several people with plans already made to come and visit, but rather than spoil all the fun now, you will all have to check back later to see who comes and when.  I am sure you are all going to agonize over this for the next few months, but at least you will keep coming back (and commenting).

So anyway, now that we are settled back in and over 'pink eye' or whatever it was, we are hoping that we will be into our house sometime in February now.  Yeah, the date was pushed back so now it will be in February.  So, some of our visitors may be helping us move!!!

To top it all off, I now have proof of why my better half is really my better half.  She just found the 8 Christmas cards that we got today (we don't get the mail every day), so our official Christmas Card Count is now up to 30. 

Much love to all until next time!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you would update this blog again but didn't know that the proper term for myself was a "blogstalker"
The reason that you haven't received a card from us is not that we don't love you. I am just so unorganized that we didn't do cards this year. Lost the address list when the computer crashed, never got a good family picture, etc.
Rich and Kathy

Unknown said...

Ah! I too, was waiting, WAITing, WAITING, for another update... I thought my stalking days were over.

I am happy to hear that people still love you. Phew! (I dropped our card off at Regg's parent's house... hope you got it.) And Mom isn't making that up... its true, we never even took a family picture. ;)

Since I'm not sure when or IF you will blog again... happy birthday on Monday, Regg! I hope Bev makes you a delicious cake or at least buys you a pig head from the local market! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you are back on your blog! Glad to hear you have nice weather - bet you missed the snow day (actually ice) the kids got off today, Bev! Guess I'll have to get my job list out! We're looking forward to seeing who all comes to visit you! Reg sure was born in a good month!

Neil, Sandy & all

Missy said...

Hey, us blogstalkers don't give up easily!!! Does my card (that I personally handed to you when you were up) get counted in your numbers, or do we have to mail it to make it official? It was great to spend time with you and now will have to do with video calls until you come back up again. (since we won't be one of your visitors this spring)
Love ya,
The Benwares

Jodi said...

Here is my comment: :)
...simply because all blogging should be positively reinforced and I love you guys :)

mark and angie said...

Adding to the positive reinforcement....Way to go, thanks for the new post!!! (Although if Kaitlee was here, she might comment on there being no pictures of you and Bev...she's become a little picky lately!) :)
Love,
Ang

Anita said...

Well, since you guys have become so popular, I'll limit my commenting for today. Unfortunately, my college does not believe in cancelling...ever... so tengo mucho tarea para hacer. And I must admit, it was while stalking other blogs that I saw you had updated. I guess that makes it official then.
Hasta!
Anita

Mom said...

It is good to hear from you again. I am thankful you see the value of your better half!!! Hopefully you will get to be in your new home in Feb. THat will be exciting after this long patient wait!!. Love you both so much. Love Mom