Monday, April 4, 2011

Anita, Kent and Gina...

I don't have to say anything else.

They were the next visitors. They came in on Saturday the 5th of March and left a week later on the 12th. So it was a busy week. It started immediately after they got here on Saturday. Samuel and Maria, an older couple in church had invited the church over to some of their property to have lunch. So a group of us, including Anita, Kent and Gina, headed over and enjoyed some good Mexican cooking. We had carne asada, tripa, nopales, chorizo, grilled onions, beans, tortillas, rice. It was some good stuff. So they started the visit off right. Later we managed to do all the normal stuff. Tacos in the evening (didn't work so hot when we went to get them on Ash Wednesday), ice cream, trips to the market (both in Ixtlan and in Zamora), and eventually even the good ol' climb up La Mula, the mountain that we always climb close by. Besides that everyone had a lovely opportunity to enjoy the warm/hot weather and relax a little bit. I (Regg) had to keep on working, but that worked out alright. Bev was able to try out Mexican driving for the first time and survived the trip to Zamora and back just fine. So, it was a very successful week. So then they left and we had some peace and quiet before the next group of visitors. The big event during that time was another school parade. I managed to get a ton of confetti dumped on me while I helped the kids. It was a little better than some of the others. It wasn't as long and the kids did pretty well. It's just hot and a lot of standing and walking around. But it was finally over and I was left picking confetti off my clothes. (Some of the colors stain, as we discovered from the last parade.) Well, I guess that is enough for this time. In the next post, the Eye Clinic.

5 comments:

Missy said...

You're right, your title says it all!!! Glad to see you managed to find time to post since your wife is absent. Can't wait to spend some time with both of you in just a few short weeks!
Love ya,
The Benwares

Anita said...

Hey! What are you saying about us?? I thought we were fantastic visitors. It must be that your creative muse is missing so you couldn't come up with anything better:-) I'm sure my computer will be commandeered in the near future so I better take advantage of it while I can. Glad to hear you got back safe!
love ya,
Anita

Anita said...

P.S. thanks for putting my name first...I feel famous now!

Gina said...

Free Willy!! Cant wait to see you this weekend!

Mom said...

Glad you had a great time with Anita Kent & Gina, I didn't doubt one bit that you would!!!. Yikes about the confetti hope you did not wear a white shirt for your wife's washing sake!! Love you Mom