Monday, April 27, 2009

Maybe that's why they were called unclean...

So, I don't know what you all have heard of the swine flu up there. Probably more than I have. Apparently I am right in the midst of the excitement. Rumor has it that schools in Mexico are all closing until May sixth. I have my suspicions about this though since they already had this Friday and next Monday off, so it might just be a good excuse to have a couple of more days off.

Actually, it isn't really a laughing matter to a lot of people. The last statistic I read said that there are 140 deaths being blamed on the swine flu in Mexico with thousands of suspected cases. We haven't seen anything around here, but people are starting to put on the masks. As far as I know most of the cases are still centered around Mexico City, but I am sure it will be spreading. It brings good reason for prayer.

1. Pray for the people suffering from the sickness. Flu is never fun, especially, I imagine, when it's connected to something of this proportion. Pray for fast recoveries and God's provision for all the care providers out there.

2. Pray for the families of those who have already lost family members to the sickness. Pray that they would feel God's true comfort and come to know him through the pain and loss.

3. Pray for those who are working to stop this. Pray for the scientists and the many who are working to contain and prevent the further spread of this flu.

We know that the world is fallen and because of that things like this happen. We also know that God is in control. God loves us and He is working his wonders and mercy in the midst of this pain and suffering we have brought on ourselves.

It may sound bad, but we are all doing just fine here and look forward to continuing to serve the community here in Ixtlan.

Also, pray for the school. We are being inspected tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last step for getting the incorporation for the school. Pray that all goes well and that we can move on with the school for next year.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I am glad to hear you are all OK in Ixtlan. And it is really exciting to hear that your school in being inspected. I would l\think that they will find it a really nice place. Hope all goes well and we will be in prayer for you. Love you Mom.

Jodi said...

ooops even though that last comment said Jodi said it was Mom so I guess I have some more learning to do but for her sake I will still leave it Jodi

mark and angie said...

Thanks for the update, Regg! Praying that the school inspection went well.
Love ya,
Ang

Andrew said...

Thanks for the update, Regg! Praying that the school inspection went well. Love ya, Ang