Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu and blockmaking

So, because of the Swine Flu here in Mexico, schools have been shut down until at least May 6th. Although we are not an official school, that means us too. No classes at the Colegio de las Americas until next Tuesday. So I have this short little vacation. So instead of teaching, I suddenly have all this free time. So...

I am now a bolqueador, a block maker. Mario and Efrain are starting a a block making business. I mean blocks like construction blocks. So today I went and helped them. I officially made several blocks and threw around a lot of sand and concrete. It was a good time and I enjoyed the time with Mario and Efrain. I think that tomorrow I get to play at being a abanil, an mason (bricklayer). It should be fun.

I'll fill you all in later.

Prayer:

1. Keep praying for those suffering throughout the world because of the swine flu. More pray that God calms the fears of people throughout the world.

2. Pray for continued growth here in the church and in each member and new believer. Pray that each one can grow in the word and in prayer.

1 comment:

Zeltwangers said...

Blockmaking! Sounds fun for a change! I can just see the muscles you are building! We will be praying for you! Love you! Holly