Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back into the grind

I am officially back into the grind. All the English classes are again up and running and things feel a little more normal. I wonder sometimes how I ever get things done. If I'm not busy doing one thing, I'm doing something else. Yet I have decided something. I really need to do a better job posting. I really need to keep you better updated about what is going on here. So, I am going to do better.

Notice: I am going to do better, NOT I am going to try to do better. Two different things. That being said, on to other things.

I will start with an update about the Americans here in Ixtlan.

Marshall and Jan have just completed their 15th year ministering to the people of Ixtlan. They came down all those years ago to a small two bedroom house with kitchen/living room (that doubled as the church) and a porch. Since then the church as grown and matured. They have seen the construction of the church, the guest house and the school. More importantly they have seen the conversion of hearts.

Caleb Alan Gerber just celebrated one month. He is growing and healthy. I say he's a happy boy. His parents might say different. He is keeping Matt and Ruth busy, but they are very happy to be parents. Matt is a minister here in Ixtlan, along with Marshall. Matt is also the Administrator of the school and he teaches the values class every morning in school.

I continue teaching English. I have four classes and it takes some time to prepare and teach each class and also takes a large chunk out of my afternoon since none of my classes start before noon. I also help with church activities and take part in several studies.

The work here in Ixtlan is a thing of perserverence, but it is much more a thing of hope. Mexico is waiting for a revival. The people are searching and soon they will be found. I invite all of you to lift up the people of Mexico in prayer to God, the only One who can find and save His people. Pray that God's Church would shine brightly in the darkness of Mexico. Pray for huge things. Pray that Mexico comes to Christ.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

2 comments:

mark and angie said...

Thanks, Regg! We'll try to hold you to your "I'm going to do better" statement! :) It was so fun talking to you the other night.
Love ya,
Ang

Penny said...

Regg, I really enjoy your updates and will continue to keep Ixtlan in my prayers. The church and people of that area still have a huge spot in my heart. Thanks for your continued work and dedication there. Blessing!