Saturday, January 9, 2010

There are times in life...

There are times in life when one has to eat his own words. They usually don't taste very good either. There is typically a bitter taste that goes along with them.

I am now in this situation. For all my ridicule of Warsaw Community Schools for their MANY canceled days of school, I now stand ridiculed myself. School was officially cancelled on Thursday and Friday because of, yes I'm really going to say it, the cold.

For what it's worth it didn't hardly get out of the 50's both days and was probably in the lower 40's through the night. While I always enjoy and appreciate days off, there is something almost embarrasing for me, a Hoosier, to accept the fact that school was cancelled for 50 degree weather.

So, you can all pray that we don't get sick down here, we don't have heat and it is cold in the morning. Pray that we can get a good start on the rest of the school year on Monday.

Also, congrats to Matt and Ruth. Caleb Alan Gerber was born December 22. Pray for Caleb's healthy growth and for Matt and Ruth as they begin this new stage of their life with much less sleep.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my...you are lucky that you are miles away to not hear the harassment! I hope you made yourself a cup of hot chocolate to warm up!...We missed you today. Everything went amazingly well!
Pass my congrats on to Matt and Ruth!

Praying for you all!
Love ya

Unknown said...

Um, I think you can still be harassed from many miles away. I must say--we have not had one cancellation yet this year. So yes, you're eating your words. :)Something like drinking lemonade outside my window when I'm still in school in July...?

mark and angie said...

Yep, you should be embarrassed, but at least it's an excuse to wear your new down vest and slippers! Jod must have known the forecast. I can't believe she's going to join you in such harsh conditions. Ay, ay, ay...we'll be praying for you. Love ya!
ang