Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Feast and Famine....and Feast

I am in the middle of two extremes right now. We just had a group of visitors down for a week. They left this morning. So did Marshall and Jan.

(Ruth and Keith Herrmann, Grant Herrmann, Brittany Sreitmatter)

You may remember Grant from early, more frequent posts, Grant Herrmann was here this summer to help. He came back to visit with his cousin Brittany Steitmatter and his aunt and uncle Keith and Ruth Herrmann. They spent a lovely week here cooking up some wonderous food (with many leftovers going into the freezer to feed me while Marshall and Jan are gone), working on improving the sound in the classes in the school, mingling with the church members, and enjoying the nice sunny weather. (A couple of side notes: I know that you are all enjoying record levels of cold, so I thought I would let you know that it was a nice sunny 76 degrees today, but then it started raining. The first rain we've had since September. To bad you had to leave so soon, Grant.)

I will have to supply some pictures of the school in the next couple of days. Thing are looking pretty good in there. We definitely appreciate the work that they were all willing to do and the friendships that were started in just a short week.

Marshall and Jan will be gone for the coming 3 weeks visiting their daughter in England. Pray for their safety traveling. They left today at about 9:30 and won't get there until tomorrow afternoon, I believe. This does leave me all alone here at the compound, if I can call it that. It will be a strange couple of weeks. At least Matt and Ruth are around a lot. I am sure the time will go fast, but I will get lonely, I am sure. (This would be the famine I was talkning about in the title.)

The feast comes again in February. Straight visitors from the 7th to the 28th. Should be interesting.

Prayer:

1. Please pray for safety for all those traveling now and in the next months. Especially pray for Marshall and Jan as they will be doing a lot of traveling.

2. Pray for me in the next three weeks. Pray that I don't get too lonely and that I can spend the extra time that I have profitably and get a little extra work done before we get busy in February, March, and April.

3. Pray for the school that we would make progress in the accredidation process and that we can find qualified, Mexican, Christian teachers for the school. Pray that we would have wisdom as we continue making plans and considering the needs that we will face in the next year and a half.

Adios, from the rainy way south.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hey I would take 70s and a little rain anyday...its cold Brrr!
Tell Maggie she is really missing out :)