Friday, January 30, 2009

Strawberries

A perk of living in Mexico in the winter months is taking advantage of strawberry season. The strawberries supply a large source of employment, as does the mango season. They pick a field of strawberries every other day and water on the off days.

Now, like most things, strawberries are best when fresh picked, something that is altogether common in Indiana, although possible. The thing is these strawberries are big and tasty. They are also extremely plentiful during the season and so very easy to come by. So I thought I would share with you some of the bounty of the land, by picture of course, I can't just send you strawberries, not over the Internest anyway.

So here you are:



Here is my bowl of strawberries, all ready to be eaten and enjoyed. As you can see, I am Regg Beer and I approve of these strawberries.



Just a little picture of the size of these strawberries. No eating these thing in just one bite (although you can try, and I have, which doesn't end up working too well.)



This is what happens when I live by myself and take my own pictures. I still end up making a fool of myself, and posting it on the Internet. I will probably regret this during an interview someday. (at least that's what everyone says)

Prayer:

1. Pray for wisdom as we adjust form having five people doing studies and three. A big difference, especially when one of us is gone. Pray that we would be excited about sharing with others and that our energy and excitement would spread to others. Pray for endurance on our part when it seems like we are going nowhere.

2. Praise for Rosario's visa. Rudy and Rosario are now in Indiana to spend 3-4 months in with Rudy's parents. We will miss them and Nathan here in Ixtlan. We don't have anyone else to scream and make noise through church and Bible studies. Pray that this time could go well for them and that they could make the most of the time that they have with Rudy's family in the next three months.

2 comments:

mark and angie said...

It's snowing again...so I came to look at your bright, red strawberries again. They cheer me up, kinda fool me into thinking maybe it's summer.

Your enthusiastic face cheers me up, too! :)

bri said...

yum...I love strawberries! :)